GPM Investment Management (GPM) was founded in 1982 as a real estate investment management firm and acquired by IAM in 1998. Today, GPM is a fully integrated real estate investment management company.
GPM offers a complete range of services to pension funds, endowments, foundations and high net worth individual investors. Services include real estate asset management, development, leasing, mezzanine lending and merchant banking.
The key to GPM's business strategy is its blend of skilled professionals from diverse disciplines into a single, cohesive management team. The combination of property and financial expertise with the broad experience of seasoned industry veterans has enabled GPM to achieve consistently superior performance through economic cycles over the past quarter century.
Our mission is to provide clients with superior, risk-adjusted returns through opportunistic acquisition, development, management, added value and timely sale of real estate assets.
GPM has been able to maintain its advantage over its peer group and provide consistently superior results since 1982 for a number of reasons:
- The confidence of its clients to provide GPM with discretion to invest, develop, lease and sell
- Investments made with cash with minimal reliance on mortgage financing
- Comprehensive investment plans prepared for every property, regularly reviewed and updated
- Strong emphasis on asset management at the property level with all decisions by in-house staff
- Stability, depth and experience in all staff
- Extensive experience gained from purchase and disposition of over 500 properties
- Broad market presence and scope
- Extensive network of strategic relationships with real estate experts in all key Canadian markets
- A focus on major Canadian centres providing liquidity for opportune property sales